Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Kayla and the Bunnies . .

Funny story . . . today Kayla and I were on our way to the school and a rabbit scurried across the road in front of us. I slowed down so Kayla could see him and we talked about what the bunny might be doing. She told me she thought it might be a baby looking for his Momma. I told her I thought it might be a Momma looking for food for her babies. That got her thinking.

You see . . . a few years ago we had this bunny that would show up in our yard from time to time. I think he was a bunny who was displaced when they started developing the area behind our house. Anyway, Kayla would get such a kick out of this bunny. We haven't seen him in some time. So, Kayla told me this morning that we need to start putting a carrot out in the yard so the bunny will come back. Of course, I know we're more likely to end up with racoons and rodents than bunnies . . . but in her sweet, innocent, 7-year-old mind . . . all it takes to bring back the bunny is a carrot in the yard.

I adore her.

No comments:

Post a Comment