Monday, January 4, 2010

Another Holiday Season Gone . . .

Now it's back to the daily grind. I've had 2 weeks off at work and I'm back today . . feeling quite refreshed. The holiday break was nice . . but a bit crazy at the same time.

Grandma Sharon was scheduled to arrive on Christmas Eve. However, Old Man Winter decided to bless us with a blizzard on Christmas Eve so Grandma Sharon had to wait in the Dallas airport for 24 hours to get a flight to Tulsa. She arrived Christmas EVENING around 7:00. What a bummer!!! Once she got here, we had a great time. It's always nice having Grandma Sharon around. Larry love to get actual home-cooked food and Kayla loves being spooled . . and I just like having someone around who doesn't expect anything from me! In fact, "Mommy" just takes over when she comes and practically takes care of us all. We did a LOT of shopping and house decorating and cooking and cleaning. She had to return to Corpus Christi on Friday, January
1st and we already miss her.

Kayla?? Well . . let's just say that Kayla is going through a particularly ornery stage. She's got a sassy little mouth on her and, at this point, I'm scared to see what she'll be like as a teenager. She was just a little pain in the rear most of the break. I think she was a bit over-stimulated by all the goings on as her behavior improved drastically after we dropped Grandma Sharon at the airport and it was just her and I for a while. But . . . regardless . . . I love her . . . ornery behavior and all.

For Christmas, Kayla got A LOT of stuff. Santa tends to go a bit overboard. He brought her a 3-drawer rolling cart FULL of Arts & Crafts stuff. Kayla LOVES to do Arts & Crafts. In fact, she'd be just fine without any toys as long as she had supplies to make her wonderful creations. I love that quality in her. She loves to use her imagination.

I do plan to add some holiday photos soon. I've got them all on my camera just waiting to be downloaded. Right now, I'm focusing on a few resolutions. I resolve to be a more patient mother and wife. I resolve to get my fat butt in shape and slim in 2010 (hey, that rhymes!). I resolve to keep myself organized and not procrastinate. I hope that I can look back next year and be proud of myself for reaching my goals. We shall see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment