Monday, January 11, 2010

Michaels . . .

You know . . the arts & crafts store? Well . . Kayla is absolutely obsessed with this place. Every time she gets so much as a dollar in her hands, she starts planning her next trip there. Grandma Sharon gave her a $20 bill before she left and Kayla about drove herself crazy thinking of everything she could buy. They have a lot of $1 items at Michaels and Kayla loves getting as many as she can. At her age, it's all about quantity. She measures her shopping success by the number of bags she has when she walks out the door.

I have to say, she comes by it naturally. I LOVE my crafts. In fact, I could do some kind of craft all day every day and be absolutely content. There's something about creating something with your own hands that feels so rewarding.

Last night, I decided to make the hall closet my "craft closet". I cleared out everything and started moving my craft stuff in there. I am so excited to FINALLY have my own little space to store all the little craft treasures I find. Kayla was equally excited about the new "craft closet". I think she's envisioning the hours of fun we'll have at Michaels filling it up.

But, this week . . . no crafts will be done. :-( It's year-end TARP week at Oxy which means I'm working dusk till dawn. We should be wrapping this thing up by Thursday afternoon . . . just in time to enjoy my usual Friday 1/2 day. Hmmm . . . now that I think of it . . . I might just make a trip to Michaels that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment