Wednesday, January 20, 2010

BEAN MACHINE!!


That's what we call Kayla . . . THE BEAN MACHINE!!! The kid LOVES ranch-style beans. If I allowed it, she would eat beans for just about every meal. As I lay here in bed, I am reminded of her love for beans as I smell the remnant of her dinner drifting effortlessly from her bottom. YUCK!

Kayla and I are on our own this week. Larry is in Texas doing some manager training. Kayla has been crashing in bed with me. If I said it was only for her benefit, I'd be lying. Truth is . . . I enjoy it just as much. I know one day I'll long for the days when she actually WANTS to spend time with me. She is growing up so fast and, someday soon, I'll probably have to take 2nd place to her friends and social life.

It's hard to believe I now have a 7 year old. How did that happen?? When did she stop being a baby? Who is this little girl who LOVES peace signs and begs to go to the store to get "nails"? As much as I enjoy this time, a big part of misses the toddler of just a few years ago.

We spent the day with Janeen and Hensley over the weekend. It was nice to hang out with them for a while. We mostly just hung around the house but it was pleasant and relaxing. However, I woke up yesterday morning with some stomach problems and had to stay home from work for another day. Apparently several in Janeen's family fell ill as well. I think we may have contracted something through our food. The illness left as quick as it came.

It's off to bed for me. My sweet "Bean Machine" is beside me snoring away (she's her father's daughter). Two more sleeps until Daddy comes home . . . that's what she told me on the way home from school. She may be getting bigger by the day, but her innocence still hangs on.

No comments:

Post a Comment