Tuesday, February 24, 2009

In the beginning . . . .

God created Weight Watchers . . . because he somehow knew we would all wind up a bunch of fat, lazy slugs . . or at least I did.

So I've embarked on this journey to rid myself of the extra 15 or so pounds of extra baggage I've carried around for far too long. So far, I'm down 8.5 pounds and I'm only 3 weeks in. Of course, one week I had strep throat so I ate very little that couldn't be consumed through a straw. But hey, a pound is a pound whether you sweat it off or introduce bacteria to your system to prevent yourself from stuffing your face.

So I'm going along just great . . . and then the Diet Demon . . . the Girl Scout cookies . . . invaded my home. Let me tell ya', it's taken every last ounce of willpower I could summon to keep me out of that pantry. What the heck was I thinking ordering 10 boxes???

I'll probably write a lot about my Weight Watchers journey . . . at least until I'm at my goal. I think writing about it helps me keep focused. Or maybe it just keeps my hands busy so I can't hold a fork! Either way, I think this blog might turn out to be a good weight loss tool.

And . . of course, I'll be discussing my BEAUTIFUL daughter Kayla . . . and my equally-handsome husband, Larry a lot as well.





At 6 years old, Kayla is turning out to be such a good kid. Oh . . . she has her moment. She is NOT a morning person AT ALL . . which really sucks because I am. She is very well-behaved at school and always puts a lot of effort into whatever she does. Of course, she is incredibly impatient . . just like her momma!



And then there's Larry. The pics a few years old (and that's Kayla on his shoulders). I really lucked out with this one. He puts me and our family at the top of his priority list ALL the time. He takes such good care of us and treats me far better than I deserve some times. He is the most versatile person I know. He can build a fence, fix a car, put down a floor, cook really well, take care of the house when I'm overburdened at work . . . and the list goes on and on. I always wished I was like that. I know how to do a few things well . . . but Larry seems to do well with everything he tries. He's such a perfectionist too. He may not be the quickest . . . but when he does a job he does it right. He always complements me and let's me know how proud he is of me. In general, he just makes me (and us all) feel special. We have our moments . . . but he is my love and I wouldn't trade him for the world.

That's my general introduction. Now back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment