Saturday, February 28, 2009

My name is Jennifer . . . and I am a CONTROL FREAK!

I've had a day of self-assessment and that's the conclusion I reached. I just can't stand it when I'm not in control of things. I want EVERYTHING to go the way I want it to go and I tend to become a bit of a bitch when it doesn't.

I blame my MOM!

Seriously, the woman catered to my every desire . . . . and turned me into spoiled brat. And, unfortunately, I think I tend to do the same thing with Kayla.

So . . . . what should I do with this little tidbit of discovery?

Well . . since I don't particularly MIND being spoiled . . . I'm going to allow my Mom to continue spoiling me (and now Kayla as well). As for Kayla, I think she's ok with the whole being spoiled thing so I think it would be unfair to rip it away at this point.

Alright . . . problem solved.

On to my Weight Watcher journey . . . . I've done OK today . . . not GREAT . . . just OK. At this point, I only have about 4 points left for the day and I haven't even eaten dinner. Maybe I'll make water steak! What is water steak you ask?? Well . . . apparently this was my pretend food of choice as a child. The recipe is pretty simple. You pour a glass of water . . . and pretend it's steak. Yeah . . . I know . . . my parents should have pursued some therapy for me as a child. Anyway, I'm quite sure that water steak has ZERO points so . . . I'm think I'll have seconds too!

I just got back from the grocery store which is quite an adventure when you're on Weight Watchers. Fortunately, I found a lot of low point snacks to keep me from falling off track. I weigh in on Monday and I'm hoping to exceed the 10 pound mark. Some days it's a real challenge to stay on track. This week was particularly hard . . . you know . . . that period before your period. I was almost ready to eat my toothbrush. But I survived and am hoping it pays off.

Oh . . . one more random tidbit . . . . after I left the store . . I went to the gas station to fill up. First of all . . . I must have found the SLOWEST gas pump ever made. Seriously, I could have filled the car up quicker with an eye dropper. Well, it's freezing freaking cold here today so I decided I'd start the pump . . and hop back in my car while it filled up. Apparently, at some point, it filled up . . and the lock on the handle didn't let up so fuel was spewing out of my tank. However, I couldn't see it pouring out in my rear view mirror so some guy came running up to my car to tell. Well me . . . being the dunce I am . . . started the car so I could roll down the window and see what he needed. The look on his face was priceless. I think he had to go buy some new underwear!! Anyway, I jumped out of the car and shut everything off. I think about a gallon or two of gas ended up on the ground.

Sometimes I seriously wonder about myself! Gotta go . . . the water steak is burning!

No comments:

Post a Comment