Monday, August 24, 2009

35!!!

Now how the hell did that happen? Wasn't I just 21 last year?? So, I'm 35 now and the big day was pretty uneventful. Got up Saturday morning and Larry gave me TWO birthday cards. One card had a $50 gift card to Marshall's and, since I LOVE to shop, this was just perfect. Kayla and I were a couple "Lazy Taters" and didn't actually leave the house until after noon. We made a trip to Marshall's, Target . . . and PUMP IT UP! Kayla's friend Saycia had her birthday party there and since it's my favorite place (can you hear my eyes rolling) we made an appearance. After the party, Kayla and I met Larry and Joe's Crab Shack for my FAVORITE food ever . . . CRAB!!!


Let me rewind for a bit. Last Monday, I left to go to Los Angeles for work. Ok . . . so it was more play than work but since work paid for the trip . . . we'll call it work. We had our annual tax return review meeting which went well. My WONDERFUL boss, Mr. Stutts, even brought in my absolute favorite treat . . Sprinkles cupcakes. I ate two strawberry cupcakes that morning and took the leftovers back to my hotel room. Mmmmmmm . . . cupcakes.


Sprinkles cupcakes are absolutely divine. If you ever get the chance, get one (or 6)!



We also went to a L.A. Dodgers baseball game while in L.A. It's always fun to do a little celebrity watching at these things. This time, I saw Larry King. Apparently Pat Sayjak and Jane Seymour were there too but I didn't see them.


The last night in L.A., we went to a restaurant in Beverly Hills called Wolfgang's. It was a DELICIOUS steakhouse. However, my favorite part of the experience was the restrooms. Now that was some crazy stuff straight out of Star Trek. Unfortunately I didn't take (nor could I find) any pics but this bathroom had a freakin' control panel. I wasn't sure whether to pee . . or press rape charges against the thing.


Oh . . . the super cool part was I walked right past Marcia Cross from Desparate Housewive (Bree . . the red-head) as we were walking to the restaurant. I put on my "I'm cool . . I hang with celebs all the time" face but inside I was like . . AWESOME!!


OK . . back to this weekend.

Sunday, Kayla and I ventured out to a few car lots since Larry had to work. I'm in the preliminary phase of car shopping. This is the phase where I go out looking . . . fall in love with several cars . . . . then talk myself out of buying one . . . . then decide I really should buy a new one . . . then decide I'm being too impractical and should be looking at something less expensive . . . then decide "Damn it . . I'm worth it!" The end result is that some time between now and 2 years from now I might actually commit to buying a car. But, for your consideration, I'm attaching a couple of my personal favs.

The Infiniti G37 -



The BMW 328i Hard-Top Convertible -

Finally, we ended our afternoon at the Tulsa Just Between Friends sale. This is a HUGE consignment sale held at the fairgrounds twice a year. Got some GREAT deals on clothes for Kayla. Here she is hanging outside the expo building at the fairgrounds after we FINALLY made it through the crazy long line.





No comments:

Post a Comment