Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It's BACK TO SCHOOL!!

Well . . . my sweet Kayla entered the world of First Grade today!! Wow how time flies! I LOVE her new teacher . . . Mrs. Chatman. She's a sweet lady with a very friendly disposition. Kayla seems to like her.

Her face looks kind of odd in this picture. Not sure why. Anyway, this is Kayla sitting at her spot in her new classroom. This day is big for another reason. It's the first class where she and Maddison Surles have not been together. They have been in daycare, preschool, Kindergarten, dance, and swim together. Now they must face the fine halls of Liberty Elementary on their own. Kayla was quite worried about this and upset when she found out that Maddison would be in Mrs. York's class. Of course, the first thing she noticed on "Meet the Teacher" night was that Mrs. York's classroom is directly across the hall from Mrs. Chatman's classroom. That seemed to make things better.

Today they had to take their favorite teddy bear to school. I'm interested to find out exactly what they did with the teddy bears they brought. In fact, I'm can't wait to find out how she liked first grade.

Unfortunately that will have to wait a bit longer as I have to attend a business dinner tonight. Thank goodness for my understanding husband. I feel so bad when I have to go on a business dinner on nights he is off early. Of course, he never complains and understands it just comes with the territory. I'm certainly a lucky woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment