Monday, August 10, 2009

I'm boring . . .

That's what Kayla told me this weekend. Lovely, huh? Guess Daddy gets to be the fun one.


This weekend was pretty relaxed. Saturday Kayla and I got up and ran some errands. Her Nintendo DS is "ghosting" (per the middle-aged video game nerd at Game Stop) which is gamer speak for "the screen ain't workin'". Anyway, the guy recommended a place that fixes these things so we took it there on Saturday. It's going to cost $55 - $65 to get it fixed. Ridiculous!! That's 1/2 of what the darn thing cost.


Then it was off to get Kayla's new dance shoes. She starts dance up again next week and this year she'll be doing jazz and ballet.


Then we headed off to the Broken Arrow library. I was SO excited to finally find the local library. I don't know why I hadn't looked for it sooner. I just always went to the one in Tulsa. Kayla and I had so much fun browsing the books. Kayla checked out 5 or 6. I love that she loves to read. It's always been a passion of mine and I hope that she finds the same joy in it that I have. While we were at the library, we saw a flier announcing that McGruff the Crime Dog was going to be at Walgreens. A local company was doing child identification kits and had brough McGruff along to entertain the kids.


So . . next stop . . . Walgreens



Kayla use to be so afraid of things like this. Not any more!! She saw McGruff and her face just lit up. She ran to hug him. It was so sweet. I love her innocence.

We left there and FINALLY headed home. Later that evening, our friends Tia and Steven Surles came over with their kids Maddi and Cameron. We all headed down to the neighborhood pool for a little (much needed) relaxation. The kids had a ball splashing around. Kayla and Maddi have known each other since they were babies. They've been in daycare, Kindergarten, dance, swim . . . . you name it . . they've been in it together. This year will be the first year they are not in class together and Kayla has already shed tears over that.

So . . that was Kayla's weekend with her BORING mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment