Monday, August 17, 2009

Sometime you just need to have a party . . . .

The weekend started out rather uneventful. We had Courtney and Christie this weekend so I picked them up Friday afternoon and we headed to Cameron's birthday party at Pump It Up. Cameron is the son of our friends Tia and Steven Surles.



Saturday, it was the bi-annual Buchanan family reunion. Larry had to work so the girls and I headed to Owasso, OK to spend the day with the family. It was nice to see everyone. Unfortunately, it seems the only time we see everyone is at the holidays or reunion. Once again, luck was on my side. I won the candy bouquet being given away at the reunion.


My luck has been almost scary lately. Every time I turn around, I'm winning something. I won't complain . . . but I find it very interesting.

The candy bouquet must have sparked something in Kayla because as soon as she realized I had won it, she decided we needed to have a party. When I asked her what the party was for, she said, "It will be a girls party!" She seemed so excited about this party she had planned in her head . . . I just couldn't bring myself to burst her bubble so Sunday afternoon, we had a party.

I made a quick trip to Dollar Tree and $5 later . . I had hats and blowers and plates and cups and balloons and a tablecloth. I picked up some sugar cookie dough and icing at Walmart as well as some chips and dip. We made sugar cookies and the girls decorated them. We snacked on chips and dip and passed the balloons around. It was a fun time for all of us.

Today, I head to Los Angeles for our annual Tax Return Review Meeting. Kayla was such a big girl when I dropped her off at school. She was trying to be so brave and not cry. Her eyes were all red from holding in the tears. I'll miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment